Plasma Plate Cutting
Boyd Metals has in-house plasma cutting capabilities.
The features and benefits of our equipment include:
- All plasma cutting equipment at Boyd Metals is CNC controlled in order to provide the most consistent, closest tolerance parts possible.
- Plasma provides a quality cut on carbon, aluminum and stainless steel plate.
- Plasma’s increased cutting speeds reduce turnaround time.
- Plasma produces less slag, resulting in minimal, if any, clean up time.
- Thickness capacity up to 1-1/2″.
- Table capacities of up of 120″ wide and 480″ long.
- Each plasma-burning center has over 250 pre-programmed shapes. Other shapes are programmed in-house using the latest Auto-Cad technology.
- Boyd Metals plasma burning centers are compatible with customer provided DXF files. Using your files improves turnaround time, minimizes the opportunity for programming error and provides further cost savings to you, the customer.
- Nesting software provides for efficient use of materials, resulting in minimal scrap.